New Laws for Drivers
Florida - There are some new laws drivers that take effect Tuesday.
Drivers need to be aware of the new Personal Injury Protection Law.
It was guaranteed that medical bills would be paid whether or not drivers were at fault for the accident.
First new change, if you don't see a medical provider within 14 days of the accident you lose your PIP benefits.
Also the medical treatment you received must be prescribed by a licensed physician.
Another law drivers need to be aware of, it is now legal to alert oncoming drivers if police are out in speed traps.
Drivers were shocked to learn that flashing your headlights was illegal but a lawsuit resulted in a judge determining the law was unconstitutional.
A new law prohibits drivers from operating swamp buggies on state roadways unless allowed by local governments to drive on sidewalks that are least 5 feet wide.
- Florida Counties to Sue Over New State Medicaid Law
- New Voting Laws Take Effect in 2014
- New Statewide Road Rage Law in Effect
- New law prohibits Florida minors from buying cough syrup
- Claiming Property Now Easier With New Law
- New Law On Restaurant Inspection Checks
- In Florida, 150 New Laws Take Effect on Monday
- New Florida Laws
- New law will aid families of officers and firefighters killed in line of duty
- Law Library Moves to New Location and New Managment