Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
BROOKSVILLE, Fla. (AP) - Authorities are investigating after an 18-year-old woman who has been missing for nearly more than weeks was found dead in southwest Florida.
Hernando County Sheriff's deputies said a missing persons report was filed on Deanna Lee Stires on New Year's Day.
Authorities said Sunday that they had recovered her body over the weekend.
Deputies said they are investigating to determine how Stires died.
No other details were released.
- Body Found in Levy County has Been Identified
- Ten Year Old Girl's Body Found in Trash Can
- Body of missing sheriff's deputy found
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Burglar Boils Little Girl's Turtles to Death
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Investigators Find Body Believed To Be Missing Man From Interlachen
- Police investigating homicide in Ocala
- Police investigating attempted homicide in Ocala