Senior Citizen Kills Wife Before Taking His Own Life
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) - Police say a man has fatally shot his wife at a South Florida assisted-living home before turning the gun on himself.
Tequesta police said a friend of the man's called police Friday saying the man was acting strangely. When authorities arrived at the nursing Clare Bridge facility a nurse discovered the couple dead in the wife's room.
The Palm Beach Post (http://tinyurl.com/a63hlm4) reports the man was dead on the floor with a gun. The couple has not been identified but authorities said they are in their 70s or 80s.
Staff said the man frequently visited his wife at the facility, which treats patients with Alzheimer's and dementia, but was never a threat.
Martin County Sheriff's deputies checked the couple's Palm City home but didn't find anything related to the shooting.
- Mother Kills Her Own Baby Before Turning Gun on Herself
- Silvestri Takes The Stand In His Own Defense
- Family of Inglis Man Killed After Jumping From Moving Car Remembers His Life
- NFL Great Junior Seau May Have Taken His Own Life
- Gators Senior Day: In Their Own Words
- Gainesville Getting First-Ever Senior Citizens Center
- Senior Citizens Seeking Better Protection
- Man Found Dead After His Ex-Wife's Body was Discovered
- Deputies: Man Burglarizes Five Homes On His Own Street
- 17 Month Old Tragically Drowns In His Own Backyard