2 adults and 4 children missing in Nevada have been found in "fairly good condition."
Governor Scott Visits UF in Support President Machen's Goal of Becoming Top 10 University
Published February 12th, 2013
GAINESVILLE- It’s also leading UF along the path of a top 10 university, something administrators and faculty have been seeking for decades.
Governor Scott’s interest in making UFa top tier university is coupled with his hard line on tuition increases to make a higher education affordable for students.
UF President, Bernie Machen describes Governor Scott as a man who, "recognizes the inextricable link between education and economic development.”
Funding is The link UF president machen is referring to.
And after Florida’s budget was released by the governor recently, it became clear that UF would be getting a lot of it, all on the path to becoming one of the top 10 national research universities in the country.
Governor Rick Scott paid a visit to the Nanoscale Research Facility to witness the type of cutting edge work that he is investing more state dollars in.
President Machen says, “His goal is shared by our faculty and by our students and by our alumni and we think that if this is successful our state will be successful...’when it’s successful’...when it’s successful!.”
A 15 million dollar funding increase from the state is the spark that the University has long been looking for to become a top ten research university.
That amount will be awarded every year for 5 years for a total of 75 million dollars.
It’ll create a bigger pull for students and a bigger push for innovative and groundbreaking research.
- UF President Bernie Machen Announces Plans to Step Down
- UF President Machen Announces He Won't Seek New Term
- Part Two of U.F. President Bernie Machen's exclusive interview with WCJB
- UF President Bernie Machen Will Not Step Down
- Governor Rick Scott Schedules Lethal Injection for Convicted Killer
- Florida Board of Education Passes 6 Year Achievement Plan
- Governor Scott Enlists Support from Board of Education
- UF Budget Cuts Spark Search for Alternative Solutions
- Cuban Tree Frog is Becoming a Nuisance in Florida
- UF President Machen Discusses Budget Cuts