Verizon to Open Finance Center in Central Florida
LAKE MARY, Fla. (AP) - Verizon Communications Inc. plans to open a finance and accounting "center of excellence" in central Florida that's expected to employ 750 by 2016.
Gov. Rick Scott joined company officials for the announcement Wednesday in Lake Mary, where the $50 million center is to be built.
Verizon Vice President Michelle Robins said central Florida was chosen because the region has a talent pipeline "full of finance and accounting graduates." She also cited the warm welcome that state and local economic development officials gave the company.
The center will centralize accounting, finance and back office operations. That's expected to improve customer service and career and networking opportunities for employees.
Lake Mary is about 25 miles north of Orlando and has nearly 14,000 residents.
- FEMA Recovery Center Open in Lake City
- Required Personal Finance Classes May Be in Florida's Future
- UF Health Drops Lawsuit, ORMC Trauma Center Will Stay Open
- Ocala Trauma Center Fights to Stay Open
- Sinkholes Open in Central Florida
- Is North Central Florida Prepared for Ebola?
- North Central Florida Girl Scouts traveling to Africa for a cause
- North Central Florida distillery opening Gainesville tasting room
- New Trauma Center Opens in Ocala
- Law enforcement searching for missing Lake City woman