Gatornationals Drives in an Economic Boost
With so many people coming to north central Florida-- its going to be a major economic boost.
While teams at Gatornationals are hitting and twisting...Gainesville restaurants are filling up for the big weekend.
"Every year we look forward to the fans and the racers coming into town," said Greg Jasinski, Manager at Texas Road House.
"It really boosts our business up and gives us a really good weekend," said Jasinski.
With more than one hundred thousand fans in the stands throughout the weekend… some say the race brings Gainesville more money than a Gator football game.
"Every hotel fills up," said Ron Gromoll, General Manager at Best Western.
"We'll start preparing for special events months, usually about half a year in advance," said Gromoll.
"They have to eat at restaurants, they have to fill up their gas tanks, they're going to the local stores to pick up items so the whole community benefits," said Gromoll.
Although the economy has seen its ups and downs over the past few years, the managers at both the restaurant and hotel told me they can always count on Gatornationals to be a major moneymaker.
- One 17 Year Old Finds Hope at Gatornationals
- "Fix Our Roads"... For Or Against
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Not So Free Apps
- A Great Made In America Christmas
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- Social Security Going Paperless in March