Gainesville 15th Most Well-Read City Says Amazon
Amazon released its list of the 20 most well-read cities in the country and Gainesville made the list, coming in at 15.
Orlando, Clearwater, Miami, and Tallahassee also made the list.
Amazon says it built this list by looking at cities with at least 100,000 people and compiling its sales data on each – how many books, magazines, and newspapers are people buying in these places?
Here's the list:
- Alexandria, Va.
- Knoxville, Tenn.
- Miami, Fla.
- Cambridge, Mass.
- Orlando, Fla.
- Ann Arbor, Mich.
- Berkeley, Calif.
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Columbia, S.C.
- Pittsburgh, Penn.
- St. Louis, Mo.
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- Seattle, Wash.
- Vancouver, Wash.
- Gainesville, Fla.
- Atlanta, Ga.
- Dayton, Ohio
- Richmond, Va.
- Clearwater, Fla.
- Tallahassee, Fla.
- Gainesville One of Nation's Most Well-Read Cities
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Reads Charge to Jurors
- Third-Grade FCAT Math and Reading Scores Static
- Students Struggle on FCAT Math & Reading Tests
- George Zimmerman's Wife Says He is 'Selfish'
- Wildlife Officials Say Crocodile is a Traveler
- Breathalyzers, Most Cop Cars Don't Carry Them
- 'Justice for Trayvon' Rallies Set For 100 Cities Nationwide
- City Ends Program Allowing Backyard Chickens
- Mom Says Woman Found After 11 Years is Doing OK