LEVY COUNTY, FL:
A man has been arrested in connection with a shooting at the Crab Festival in Williston over the weekend. He made his first appearance in a Levy County courtroom on April 30th. Police say they still don't know what 19-year-old Devonte Ocasio's motive was, but they believe Saturday's shooting that left one dead and four injured was a drug-related crime.
Ocasio made his first appearance in a Marion County courtroom but then was extradicted to Levy County. He faces numerous charges including attempted first degree murder. Levy County Sheriff's deputies believe several other people were involved in the shooting.
"We can't say positively that he was the one who committed the murder. That part of the investigation is still open and on going. We can say positively that we know he did fire at least three rounds that injured one person and did commit an aggravated assault with a fire arm," Lieutenant Scott Tummond (Levy County Sheriff's Office) said.
Ocasio was booked at the Levy County jail where his bond is set to more than a million dollars. One victim remains hospitalized in stable condition. For more information on the "Crab Fest" Shooting, visit the following link:
- Witness Testimony Begins in Devonte Ocasio Murder Trial
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Credit Card Thief Arrested
- Suwannee Man Arrested After Allegedly Killing Two Men
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture
- Man Arrested for Energy Theft
- Man With Eight Aliases Has Been Arrested
- Terry Jones Arrested as Spirit of Faith Opens on Former Dove Property
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges