Schools Across North Central Florida Begin FCAT Testing
GAINESVILLE- FCAT Testing begins today for students in grades 3 through 10.
Some parents aren’t happy that there’s so much on the line based on their child’s performance on standardized tests like the FCAT.
Mother of Four April Tisher says, “I hate them, I think they... I mean understand why they have them, I think it’s a good measure but I think making that a make it or break it test score for them to be retained for a grade is not right, because they may do well the whole year and have a bad day on FCAT and that will affect their entire year.”
Schools receive some benefits from high performance on the FCAT as well.
Money is awarded per student to schools that boost their grade or maintain an A grade.
- North Central Florida Schools Rank High On FCAT
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- Explanation for "Sonic Boom" Heard Across North Central Florida
- Half of Florida High School Students Fail FCAT Test
- Grass Fires Ignite Across North Central Florida
- FCAT Testing Set to Begin
- Florida Board Lowers FCAT Writing Test Passing Score
- School Zones Reopen in North Central Florida
- First Day of School in North Central Florida
- Health screening policies in North Central Florida schools