Elmer Carroll Executed by State
BRADFORD COUNTY - A mom is now relieved that her child's convicted killer has been executed by the state.
Department of Corrections officials say 56 year old Elmer Carroll raped and strangled and killed 10 year Christine McGowan in 1990.
The lethal injection proecess started shortly after 6'clock and lasted for 11 mintues.
Carroll was convicted in 1990 for the killing Christine in her home in Apopka.
Corrections officials say the process ran smoothly.
"Yeah it was pretty simple straightforward it happened very well everything went well so unfortunately no statement from the inmate," Ann Howard, Florida Department of Corrections said.
Christine's mom gave a written statement saying "Thank you to all that have worked so hard and justice for all, namely for Christine McGowan, Rest In Peace."
- Carroll Set For Execution
- Ex Carroll Aide Alleges Misconduct
- BREAKING: Lt. Gov. Carroll Resigns Amid Investigation
- Muhammad Executed After Spending Nearly Four Decades On Death Row
- Scott Resets Execution Date of Thomas Knight
- William Happ Executed for 1986 Murder, Issues Apology to Victim's Family
- Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Mass Murderer Executed After SCOTUS Rejects Schizophrenia Appeal
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer