NASA is dealing with critical cooling unit issue onboard Int'l Space Station.
Construction Worker Dies After Lightning Strike
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A construction worker in southwest Florida has died after being struck by lightning while he was climbing down scaffolding.
Collier County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman Karie Partington says Robert Wiley died at the scene Wednesday afternoon.
Partington tells the Naples Daily News that Wiley and other constructions working at a Naples home saw bad weather approaching and decided to seek shelter. That's when Wiley was struck.
Partington says the Occupational Safety and Health Administration will determine whether any charges should be filed against Wiley's employers.
The National Weather Service has recorded two fatal lightning strikes in Florida so far this year. The state led the country with five lightning deaths last year.
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station
- Panther Dies After Colliding with Car
- Lightning May Be Cause of Large YMCA Fire
- 15 Postal Workers Treated After Leaky Package
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Strikes Detective Statements
- Construction Workers Uncover Cannonball in Atlanta
- Panhandle Boy Dies After Attack By Bulldogs
- Teen Dies After Getting Caught in Rough Surf
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot