Zimmerman Trial Day 4: Chilling Screams for Help on a 911 Call
SANFORD - We have entered day four of the George Zimmerman murder trial, and in the courtroom today more 911 calls from residents who heard - but didn't see - what happened the night Trayvon Martin was killed.
For one witness, a former neighbor named Jenna Lauer, she said the scuffle right outside her house was so loud, it felt like it was happening right there in her living room.
As she called 911 for help someone right behind her house was also calling for help, but whose voice we hear remains a mystery - "the yells for help were the same person the whole time, but I dont know whose voice we heard."
Lauer wouldn't allow her husband to go and see who was outside, but she told both the prosecution and the defense that she knew exactly when the yells stoppped - "the cries for help stopped after the gunshot."
As the defense cross - examined the state's witness, the courtroom heard how Lauer actually knew George Zimmerman.
He was an aquaintance that she knew from the Homeowners' Association Meetings.
Trial will resume at 9 a.m. Friday morning.
- Zimmerman Trial: 911 Call & Language In Court
- Zimmerman Trial: Judge Ruling on Other Zimmerman Phone Calls
- Zimmerman Trial Day 5: Witness Places Trayvon Martin on Top of Zimmerman
- Zimmerman Trial Day 6: Detectives Ask Why Zimmerman Chased Trayvon Martin
- Zimmerman Trial Day 8: State Tries to Prove Zimmerman was a "Wanna-be Cop"
- Jurors Hear Frantic 911 Call and Victim's Last Words In Austin Jones Murder Trial
- Zimmerman Trial: Day One
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Two
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Five
- Zimmerman Trial: Day Six