2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
VENICE, Fla. (AP) - Two people have died and six people are being treated for injuries after an accident on Interstate 75 in Sarasota County.
A Florida Highway Patrol report did not immediately identify the names of the people who died in Sunday's crash in Venice.
FHP says 28-year-old Johniece Diaz of Cape Coral was driving when her van blew a tire. She lost control of the car, which FHP says crossed two other lanes before overturning. No other cars were involved in the crash.
Diaz was taken to the hospital in serious condition. Two passengers were killed while the others were hospitalized with serious injuries.
The FHP report says several passengers, including Diaz, were not wearing their seat belts.
Officials say the van was traveling to a summer camp for the developmentally disabled.
- 1 Killed, 1 Injured When SUV Hits Orlando Bus Stop
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Starke Man Injured in Motorcycle Crash
- Two Killed In Southwest Florida Crash
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Injured Florida Skydiver Says He'll Jump Again
- Four Dogs Killed, 20 Others Injured, After Mobile Home Goes Up in Flames