Burglary Suspect Falls Through Restaurant Roof
BRADENTON, Fla. (AP) - A man who deputies say was trying to rob a pharmacy fell through the roof of a strip mall, landing in a Thai restaurant.
The Bradenton Herald reports a K-9 nabbed 29-year-old Byron Newville, who was hiding in a freezer when deputies arrived at Thai Spice restaurant early Thursday. Deputies unleashed the dog, which bit Newville on the right thigh.
A 911 caller spotted someone was climbing onto the roof of the shopping center around 4 a.m. Deputies requested a fire truck to lift them and a dog onto the roof.
Deputies saw "heavy damage" to the roof over the restaurant and a blood pattern that indicated the suspect was injured.
He was treated a hospital and will be charged with burglary when he's released.
- Suspect Arrested in Sylvan Learning Burglary
- New Law On Restaurant Inspection Checks
- Suspect in Tampa Home Invasions, Assaults Caught
- $1 Million Bail for Jacksonville Airport Suspect
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Three People Arrested for Attempted Burglary
- Hazing Suspects Plead Not Guilty To New Charges
- Suspect in FAMU Hazing Death to be in Court
- Two Tampa Bay Deputies Shoot Suspect Several Times
- Fla. Girl, 7, Critically Hurt in 6-Story NYC Fall