Man Robs Store While Filling Out Job Application
OCALA - He was trying to get an advance on his first paycheck, problem was he hadn't landed the job yet.
Ocala police say 33-year-old Anthony Thomas asked to fill out a job application at Martin Oil on Southwest Tenth Street.
When the store clerk turned away, Thomas took cash from the clerk's area and ran off.
Thomas did leave behind the application, with his name on it.
He was located just blocks from the store, and after a short pursuit he was taken into custody.
He was booked into the Marion County Jail.
- Store owner robbed at gunpoint in NW Ocala
- Police: Man Tries To Rob Gainesville Liquor Store
- Gainesville man robs store with fake gun
- Filling Voids After Gulf Oil Spill
- Ocala man accused of burning neighbor's house while she was home
- Ocala Man Beaten and Robbed of Everything but His Underwear
- Man Wanted on Columbia Embezzling Charges Arrested After Robbing Ocala Bank
- Man Sexually Assaulted, Robbed At Ocala Hotel
- Lake City Company Offers 250 Jobs...With Only 165 Applicants
- Gainesville Job Fair Filled to Capacity