Police Officer Shot During Traffic Stop
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say they're searching for two gunmen after an Orlando police officer was shot during a traffic stop.
The shooting happened early Tuesday after the officer stopped a vehicle that was driving recklessly.
According to Orlando police, the suspects got out of the vehicle and one of them shot 25-year-old Officer Jason Hajek. The suspects fled on foot.
Police say Hajek was taken to Orlando Regional Medical Center. He came out of surgery at 6 a.m., but there is no update on his condition.
Hajek returned fire and was able to call for help. He also gave dispatchers a description of the suspects.
Officers from a number of agencies are looking for the suspects in the Orlando area. Several roads in the area are closed as the search continues.
- Once again, Zimmerman pulled over in traffic stop
- Former NFL Player Shot by Police
- Police Officer's 3-year-old Child Drowns
- Lakeland Police officer arrested on 3 charges
- Shots Fired During a Routine Traffic Stop in Jacksonville
- Man Killed During Police Pursuit
- Bradenton Man Shot By Police After Holding Girlfriend Hostage
- UPD Officer Fired For Misconduct During Traffic Stop
- Gov. Scott Angry Over Air Traffic Control Furloughs
- Zimmerman Trial: Police Officer Testifies