Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man is accused of neglect of an elderly person after his 82-year-old mother was found dead in her filthy house.
Police say 58-year-old James Edward Holmes was arrested Tuesday and is being held without bail at the Hillsborough County Jail. Authorities found the body of Louise Baker Holmes Tuesday morning after a 911 call.
The Tampa Tribune reports the woman's house had no electricity or water. Police say rats and roaches were crawling inside, the floor was covered with mud and the roof was caving in.
Holmes told police he visited his mother daily and that he was her primary caregiver. He says she'd been unable to walk since July 4.
An autopsy is planned.
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- 20 Dead Animals Found at Animal Sanctuary
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- Mother Charged In Infant's Bathtub Drowning
- Mother Leaves Kids Home Alone, Faces Felony Neglect Charges
- American Airlines Pilot Faces Child Porn Charges
- 67-Year-Old Man Found Dead In Laundry Room