Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
VERO BEACH, Fla. (AP) - A teen accused of having sex with her underage girlfriend is back in jail after prosecutors withdrew a plea deal.
Authorities say 19-year-old Kaitlyn Hunt was booked into the Indian River County Jail Monday night. She remained in jail Tuesday morning, charged with two counts of lewd and lascivious battery on a child.
The state attorney's office pulled its plea offer Monday following allegations Hunt violated her pretrial conditions and contacted the girl identified as the victim in the case. She's scheduled for a hearing Tuesday afternoon.
Indian River County Sheriff's Sgt. Thomas Raulen told Scripps Treasure Coast Newspapers the bond company that posted Hunt's bail brought her to jail.
Authorities say Hunt had sex with her then-14-year-old girlfriend last year. Hunt argues the sex was consensual.
- Fla. Toddler Injured After Falling from ATV
- Fla. House Speaker Questions Unique Citizens Deal
- Fla. Man Accused Of Forcing Wis. Teen To Be Prostitute
- Rulings on Gay Marriage Doesn't Affect Fla Ban
- Sebelius to Make Stops in Fla. for Health Care Law
- Fla. Senate Revises 'Parent Trigger' Proposal
- Fla. College Presidents Given Expensive Perks
- Fla. School Tells Students to Drop Online Classes
- Judge Sends North Fla. Man to Prison for Life
- Fla. Homeowner Fatally Shoots Invader