Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) - A 29-year-old woman died after being struck by a tractor-trailer as she walked along Florida's Turnpike near Orlando.
The Florida Highway Patrol says the incident happened early Monday near State Road 528. Authorities say she was dressed all in black and there were no street lights in the area.
Troopers say the truck driver was not able to avoid hitting the woman.
Authorities have not released the woman's name. She lived in Leesburg.
An investigation continues.
- Florida's Shands to Pay $26M Over False Claims
- Florida's Crime Rate Dropped 6.5 Percent in 2012
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- 'Hiccup Girl' on Trial on Murder Charge in Florida
- Bradford Pedestrian Struck and killed, Driver Sought
- Suit: Patriots' Hernandez Shot Man in Face in Florida
- Two Killed In Southwest Florida Crash
- AG Calls Martin Killing an 'Unnecessary Shooting'
- Man Gets 25 Years for Killing Woman
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash