8 people are dead in a murder/suicide in a home in Bell. 6 of the victims are children. Details at 11.
Possible E-Coli Contamination Causes Winn-Dixie to Recall Beef
Winne-Dixie is recalling select ground beef products due to a possible outbreak of E-Coli.
The, Jacksonville based, supermarket chain is voluntarily recalling "Fresh 93% Lean Ground Beef," in all their stores in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana.
Beef with a specific UPC number and shipped to stores on or after July 18th are being recalled.
The UPC number on the shipment is #20167100000 and #24370700000. all infected beef includes packages shipped on or after July 18 and "best by" dates as well.
The National Beef Packaging Company-- based in Kansas -- is recalling 50,000 lbs of ground beef that may be contaminated.
Winn-Dixie says they will be providing full refunds for purchases of the meat with a valid receipt.
So far, no one been reported sick.
For more information, customers can call Winn-Dixie’s Customer Call Center at (866) 946-6349. Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Saturday's 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Romaine Lettuce Recalled Over E. Coli Contamination Fears
- Winn-Dixie Buys Sweetbay
- North Florida Patients Informed of Possible Contamination
- Fay's Possible Effect on North Central Florida
- Earthquake Felt Half Way Around the World Causing Aftershocks in North Central Florida
- How Is North Central Florida Impacted by National Propane Shortage?
- Another Case of Meningitis in North Central Florida
- FDLE Raids Three Internet Cafes Across North Central Florida
- North Central Florida Farmers Seeing Profits in Cotton
- Home Sales in North Central Florida Rise Significantly Compared to Last Year