Two Marion County Sheriff's Officials Come Under Fire After Internal Investigations
A Marion County Sheriff's Sergeant has resigned amid an internal investigation that shows he violated policy.
Sgt. Clayton Thomas violated the use of the Driver and Vehicle Information Database for personal purposes.
The Sheriff's Office Investigation showed that Sgt. Thomas used the database hundreds of times to view pictures.
Thomas admitted to the charges against him and resigned.
Another internal investigation revealed that Deputy Isai Palau voilated the office's Code of Conduct.
According to the investigation, on June 20, 2013, Deputy Palau was assigned to investigate a domestic battery just after midnight.
A witness told investigators a husband grabbed his wife by the neck and threw her on the ground then sat on top of her.
The husband admitted to putting his hands on his wife.
The investigation show Deputy Palau did not make an arrest or submit a report in his tour of duty.
As a result Palau will be suspended without pay for 40 hours; he has been removed from the Patrol Division; and has been transferred to the Jail.
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- ACSO Lieutenant Under Investigation After He Accidentally Shot His Gun at the Courthouse
- Marion County Sheriff's Department reinstates terrorist intelligence unit
- Sheriff's Office investigates two suicides at the jail
- Detectives Investigating Drive By Shooting in Marion County
- Environmental Officials Investigate Fuel Tank Leak at Marion County Fire Station
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Police Say Shooting Victim Fired Shots Into Crowd
- Two Putnam County Detectives Fired After Bar Fight
- Armed Woman Robs Bank in Marion County