Body of Missing Diver Found in Atlantic Ocean
PONCE DE LEON INLET, Fla. (AP) - Divers have found the body of a man who went missing while spearfishing off the coast of Ponce de Leon Inlet in central Florida.
Authorities say the body matches the description of the 28-year-old Ryan Myers who failed to resurface on Labor Day after going into the Atlantic Ocean with about 30 minutes of air in a tank. Divers found the body Tuesday afternoon, near the spot where Ryan was last seen.
The Daytona Beach News-Journal reports the independent divers were assisting the Coast Guard in the search.
Ryan was aboard the commercial fishing vessel Yellowfin with two other men. They were fishing in an area where the water was over 100 feet deep.
The body was taken to the medical examiner's office.
- Divers Find Body of Toddler in River
- Woman's Decomposing Body Found
- 2 Bodies Found Inside Burned-out Car
- Missing New Orleans Teacher's Car Found, Body Inside
- Missing Baby Found Buried in Backyard
- Hurricane Forecast: Another Busy Atlantic Season
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- Diver's Body Found
- Police Investigating Missing Girl's Body Found in Levy County
- Missing Fla. Lawyer Turns Himself in to FBI