Man accused of neglect after leaving boy alone
DELAND, Fla. (AP) - A central Florida man faces child neglect charges after an employee of a gentleman's club found his child alone in a truck parked outside.
Jordan Caraway remained in the Volusia County Jail on a $500 bond Monday following the incident early Sunday at Dixie's Gentleman's Club near DeLand.
Volusia County Sheriff's officials say an employee spotted the 3-year-old and brought him inside the bar to wait for deputies. Witnesses told deputies Caraway had been drinking in the bar for 20 to 30 minutes.
"When deputies got there, the boy was crying hysterically," according to a statement issued by sheriff's spokesman Gary Davidson. "He had grease and dirt on him and his clothes were dirty."
The Daytona Beach News-Journal (bit.ly/15m0HE9 ) reports Caraway told deputies he left another man to watch the child. But an employee told authorities that Caraway and the man he said was watching the child had been drinking in the bar.
The club's manager told authorities Caraway may have left the child alone twice that night. Around 10:30 p.m. Saturday night, someone spotted a child alone in a truck and reported it to bar managers. When they went outside to check, the truck was gone.
There was no word on who took custody of the child.
- Former NFL Player Leaves Child Alone in Car
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Man Faces Charges After Leaving Dogs in Hot Car
- Man Gets Life Sentence for Boy's Death
- Man Accused of Cutting Up Dog for Food
- Man Accused of Giving Abortion Drug to Take Plea
- Toddler Leaves Hospital After Lawnmower Accident
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- Man Calls 911 To Keep Girlfriend From Leaving