Convicted Murderer Marshall Lee Gore Executed
Published October 2nd, 2013
RAIFORD -- After spending the last 23 years on death row, convicted murderer Marshall Lee Gore was put to death Tuesday night at the Florida State Prison near Starke.
Gore, 49, was convicted of killing two women and attempting to kill a third more than two decades ago.
One of his victims was Susan Roark, 19, of Tennessee, whose skeletal remains were later found in Columbia County, outside of Lake City.
The sister of Gore's other victim, Robyn Novick, 30, of South Florida, spoke after his execution and said the Novick family has been waiting for this day for a long time.
"My sister, Robyn, wasn't given a choice of how or when she wanted to die," said Pamela Novick, who came from Cincinnati to witness the execution of her sister's killer. "She was violently murdered by a serial killer, with no mercy and no appeals," said Novick.
This was the fourth attempt by the state to carry out Gore's execution after he was twice granted stays for claiming to be insane.
After a final appeal was denied by the U.S. Supreme Court late Tuesday, Gore was executed by lethal injection and pronounced dead at 6:12 p.m. He declined to issue a final statement.
- Governor Scott Rescheduled Gore Execution For October
- Florida Justices Refuse to Stay Gore's Execution
- Florida AG Apologizes for Rescheduling Execution
- Van Poyck Executed for Murder of South Florida Corrections Officer
- Gore Back On Schedule For Execution
- After Four Delays, Gore's Execution Scheduled For Tuesday
- Convicted Killer Set for Execution at Starke
- Stay of Execution Issued for Convicted Killer
- Convicted Killer Darius Kimbrough Executed
- Serial Rapist, Killer David Alan Gore Executed