2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says two people are dead following a crash in Jacksonville.
The FHP reports says a Toyota Corolla was traveling south on Interstate 295 early Monday when it left the road and hit a light pole.
According to troopers, the car then continued until it crashed into a tree and caught fire. Both occupants were trapped inside the burning vehicle and unable to get out.
They were pronounced dead at the scene. Officials have not released the names of the victims.
The crash is under investigation.
- 3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Denied Bail
- 2 Hurt in Fire/Shooting at Jacksonville Motel
- $1 Million Bail for Jacksonville Airport Suspect
- One Dead In Levy County Crash
- Fla. Spent Nearly $173,000 Extra on Security
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida
- 2 dead in Apartment Fire