3 Dead After Church Van Crashes on I-10
DEFUNIAK SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - Two children and a woman are dead following the crash of the church van they were riding in.
The Northwest Florida Daily News reports the driver lost control of the van Saturday morning after a rear tire blew out. At least 10 people were on the van, which was heading to Tallahassee on Interstate 10.
The newspaper reports 8-year-old Maliya Chrishon, 11-year-old Micah Goldsmith and 58-year-old Patricia Baker died in the crash. They were on board the van from Gospel of the Kingdom Church in DeFuniak Springs.
Services at the Panhandle church were called off Sunday as most of the small congregation visited the injured passengers in hospitals.
The newspaper reports Goldsmith's mother, grandmother and baby sister were also in the van. Her mother is in critical condition.
- 2 Dead in Fiery Crash Near Jacksonville
- Son Faces Neglect Charges After Mother Found Dead
- Man 94, has Deadly Heart Attack After Carjacking
- Fla. Man Accused of Abuse After Young Son Found Dead
- Pilot OK After Small Plane Crashes
- 2 Dead, 6 Injured in 6-vehicle Panhandle Crash
- One Dead In Levy County Crash
- Driver Hospitalized After Crash in Levy County
- Desk Clerk Mistakes Dead Body for Mannequin
- Sheriff: 3 kids among 5 dead in South Florida