14-Pound Baby Born to Keystone Heights Couple At UF Health Shands
Published December 24th, 2013
GAINESVILLE -- During this holiday season, many families around North Central Florida are busy counting their blessings. But one family from Keystone Heights received a very big blessing this year -- a more than 14 pound blessing to be exact.
When Nicia McNelley was going in for her scheduled C-Section last Friday at UF Health Shands, little did she know she would be just ounces away from breaking a record.
McNelley's baby, which she named Isaiah Johnson, topped the scale at a whopping 14 pounds 7.6 ounces and 22.5 inches long. That makes Isaiah the second biggest baby to be born in Florida this year -- and one of the largest ever born at UF Health Shands.
"Me and his dad sat and thought, you know, maybe at the most 10 [pounds], maybe 12 [pounds]. But no... not 14," said McNelley, who lives in Keystone Heights with her two other children and Isaiah's father.
Despite his large size, McNelley says Isaiah has no health issues to worry about for now. She says both her and her boyfriend are hoping Isaiah will have a future playing football.
McNelley says Isiah will definitely be her last child, as she got her tubes tied shortly after her C-Section.
- Medical Spotlight: Mosquito-Borne Illnesses
- Baby Born on Florida Highway
- Baby Born On Front Steps Of Lawtey City Hall
- Baby born at Gas Station
- First Baby Born In Alachua County for 2011
- Low Lake Levels in Keystone Heights Could Be Moved Lower
- Heartfelt Message from Texas Lands in Keystone Heights Yard
- Keystone Heights Man Fatally Shot by ASO Deputies
- 6 Dogs Killed By Owner In Keystone Heights
- Keystone Heights Airport Offers a Chance to Fly Restored WWII Aircraft