Deputies: Teen Kills Father in Domestic Dispute
AVALON PARK, Fla. (AP) - Authorities say a central Florida man has been shot and killed by his teenage son in a domestic dispute.
According to the Orange County Sheriff's Office, the shooting happened early Wednesday in Avalon Park.
Deputies say the man was intoxicated and hitting his wife. That's when the 15-year-old allegedly shot his father.
The woman told 911 dispatchers that her husband had come home drunk and hit her, and then her son shot him.
The teen was taken into custody but no charges have been filed.
Four other people were in the home at the time of the shooting, but no other injuries were reported.
- 2 Teens Killed in Crash
- Fla. May Shift Domestic Security Money to Schools
- Alligator Bites Teen on the Head at Florida Park
- No Charges Filed Against Bus Driver in Teen Fight
- Gay Fla. Teen Back in Jail After Plea Deal Pulled
- Teen Spends 35 Days in Jail After Mistaken Arrest
- Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
- Interlachen Man Starts Domestic Dispute, Has Brief Standoff with Deputies
- Man Shot by Deputies after Domestic Dispute
- Deputies: Man Shoots at Wife in Alcohol-Fueled Dispute