Deputy Injured in Hit-and-Run Crash
ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa Bay-area sheriff's deputy is hospitalized after being seriously injured in a head-on crash.
Pasco County Sheriff Chris Nocco says the deputy's cruiser was hit head on by a pickup truck early Wednesday, and the other driver fled on foot.
Deputy Darren Hill was airlifted to a Tampa hospital. The sheriff's office says Hill was being treated for two broken legs and internal injuries.
Authorities say Hill was able to trigger an emergency alert signal in his vehicle after the crash.
Nocco says it's not known whether the other driver was intoxicated.
Florida Highway Patrol arrested a Zephyrhills man on charges of leaving the scene of a crash with a serious injury and driving with an expired license.
Sheriff's deputies had three others in custody on obstruction charges.
- Hit-and-Run Leaves Two Dead and One Critically Injured
- Former Principal Accused in Stabbing, Hit-and-run
- Jury Finds Hit-And-Run Suspect Guilty
- Hit-and-Run Suspect Arrested
- Arrest Made in Archer Hit-And-Run Death
- Police Looking for Hit-and-Run Car
- Man Turns Himself in for Hit-and-Run
- Important Evidence Found Day After Hit-and-Run
- Former UF Student Sentenced to Seven Years in Prison for Deadly Hit-and-Run
- Two Injured in Hit and Run Boat Crash on Lake Lanier