Baby Dies of Head Injuries; Man Arrested
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) - A 25-year-old southwest Florida man faces manslaughter and child abuse charges in the death of his girlfriend's 1-year-old child.
Niklaus Booska was arrested Friday, days after 1-year-old Ivan Rose died at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital in Hollywood.
Collier County Sheriff's deputies say the baby received head trauma on Jan. 31. Booska was watching the child for his girlfriend while she was at work. No further details about the child's injuries were immediately available.
Booska is being held on $1.5 million bail.
The Naples Daily News reports Booska has had multiple run-ins with the law in Lee County, including driving under the influence, grand theft, burglary and dealing in stolen property.
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- GPD Officer Dies From Injuries; Driver Has First Court Appearance
- Toddler Left in Vehicle Dies; S. Fla. Mom Arrested
- Man Dies After Being Hit By Branch In Orlando
- Man Dies After Calling To Report Being Shot
- Alligator Bites Teen on the Head at Florida Park
- Micanopy Man Dies In Early Morning Crash
- Man Dies Diving in Ocala National Forrest
- Marion County Man Dies in House Fire
- Motorcyclist Dies After Road Rage Incident at Gas Station