Black Bear Struck by Car on Interstate
ALTAMONTE SPRINGS, Fla. (AP) - The Florida Highway Patrol says a car struck and killed a black bear that walked onto the eastbound lanes of Interstate 4 in Altamonte Springs.
Troopers say the driver tried to brake, but the car hit the bear Friday morning.
The bear died at the scene.
The driver of the vehicle wasn't injured.
No further details were immediately available.
- 2 killed, 6 Injured in Interstate 75 Crash
- Pedestrian Struck and Killed on Florida's Turnpike
- Toddler Fatally Struck by Out-of-control Truck
- Bear that Killed Goats Still on the Loose
- Time to beware of bears in parts of Florida
- Man Pleads Guilty To Fatally Stabbing Bears Fan
- 3 Dead, 8 Injured After Vehicle Hits, Kills Bear
- Car Prices Hit Record as Buyers Load Up on Options
- Florida dad arrested after baby dies in hot car
- Former NFL Player Leaves Child Alone in Car