2013 Cade Museum
It's a different form of March Madness, with a touch of the mad inventor to it. The 2013 Cade Museum Prize for Creativity and Invention added a slightly different touch. The Sweet 16 companies and inventors who have survived the judging so far gathered at the old Firestone Building in Downtown Gainesville for a reception. Each made a short presentation to the crowd, describing their invention. It's part of each team's campaign to impress a panel of 12 judges in this round.
"They have to submit a two to three minute pitch and video. That in addition to their original application and more information about their financial and commercial milestones. That will be used by the next round of judges to pick the final four," Richard Miles (Cade Museum Spokesman) said.
There were more than eighty entries for the Cade Museum Prize this year. The final four will be announced on April 9th, and the winner will be crowned on May 9th.
- Cade Museum Prize "Sweet 16"
- Cade Museum Prize Final Four Announced
- eCath Wins Cade Museum Prize
- Technology Spotlight 8/17/10 "Cade Museum"
- Dr. James Robert Cade Receives Great Floridian Award
- Cade Prize Winner Announced
- Four NASA Artifacts on Display at Wings of Dreams Museum
- Local Artist Owns 3D Fluorescent Art Museum
- Matheson Museum Brings Alachua County History to Life
- Beating the Summertime Blues: Florida Museum of Natural History