County Emergency Team Recognized as Exemplary Program
MARION COUNTY - Even though the worst of Isaac won't be felt in North Central Florida, residents in one county might feel even better knowing their emergency management team is highly respected by their peers.
Just a few days ago, the Florida Division of Emergency Management informed the leadership of the Marion County Emergency Management of a special status.
The region coordinator categorized Marion County's emergency management as an exemplary program.
It received one of the highest ratings in the state.
The state agency challenged Marion County Emergency Management with a 22-question survey, from which they based most of its ranking.
- Some Residents May Qualify for a Lower Home Insurance Rate
- Summerfield residents get a new emergency care center
- Williston Man Exchanges Gunfire with MCSO SWAT Team
- October Unemployment Rates Down Around NCF
- A Healthy Weight Community Champion Still Fights High Obesity Rates
- Flooding on Roads Concerns Marion Co. Residents
- Local animal shelters take in displaced dogs from Mississippi floods
- Postal Service considers emergency rate hike
- Columbia County emergency officials check flood progress
- Alzhemier's Bracelet Programs Keep Track of Elderly