Buck Bay Development Dispute
Last Monday City Commissioners voted unanimously to go back and rewrite rezoning for Buck Bay Mobile Home Park.Â Mayor Pegeen Hanrahan says the city, including herself, made a mistake.Â She says city officials are now trying to figure out how they can go back and correct the error.
The owner of Buck Bay, Edwin Dix, feels the city is speaking out because residents are.
"The city made a mistake if they call it a mistake.ï¿½ I think if no resident would have made noise.ï¿½ It's a mistake because people are making noise about it," Dix said.
He says after the park closes he plans to build 140 single family homes.
Since the Planning Board meets once a month and the City Commission meets every other week it could be several months before city officials vote to change the current zoning plan.
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Buck Bay Residents Still Moving Out
- Buck Bay Residents Continue Their Fight
- Buck Bay Mobile Home Park
- Buck Bay Catches a Break
- Tampa Bay Man Sentenced to Death
- Unusual Weather Keeps Love Bugs at Bay
- UF Grad "Sells Himself" on eBay
- Trophy Buck Killed Illegally
- Trophy Buck Arrest