A New Police Station For The City Of Alachua
Some big changes are coming to the City of Alachua. A new City Hall is being built and the police department is getting a new home.
The old building is about 1,800 sq. ft. and the new one is triple that, 7,000 sq. ft. The new building isn't just bigger, it has some of the latest features. A new training facility, before police had to train at the City Commission building or at the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
And space, currently the department has two sergeants working out of one office. Now they have their own separate offices.
"As technology grows and our police force becomes more sophisticated, they need a different environment in order to do their job," says Jean Calderwood, Mayor of the City of Alachua. "I am excited for our citizens that can utilize our police department for personal situations when they have to consult with law enforcement."
The new police department building will open on March sixth.
Alachua City Hall which burned down in December is being re-constructed next to the new police department. City Hall will be up and running around mid April.
- City Of Alachua Opens Multi-Million Doors To New Police Department by Stacey Samuel
- High Springs getting new Police station
- Gainesville City Commissioners' Reactions to New Police Chief
- Lake City Gets New Police Chief
- City Of Alachua Breaks History With New Hire
- New Land for New Fire Station
- Police Looking For Gas Station Robbers
- Police searching for 2 men wanted for gas station robbery
- Police Investigate Local Gas Station
- Two Gas Stations Robbed in Lake City