Brush Fire Prevention
In the last month there have been several brush fires. Monday, an elite team from the State Division of Forestry got a look at the next generation of technology for stopping the fires before they start. The wildfire mitigation team targets areas where brush fires can occur. The tractor machines get rid of trees with leaves and needles that can easily cause brush fires to spread.
"We can't get in there and get it stopped in the marshy areas," says Ray Sayer, Forest Ranger. "We are going to get burns underneath the ground and it would keep on going, where we can get a plow in, it's quiet a bit of help."
Wildfire experts are making sure they are getting rid of trees that will cause the wildfires, but doing it in an environmentally safe way. The state already have some of these machines, they have been using them for the last eight years to fight fires.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV 20 News
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
- BRUSH FIRE DANGER
- More Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations