Chihuahua Stomped To Death
A chihuahua was stomped to death by the son-in-law of the dog's owner.
Michael Peer says he watched in horror as his brother-in-law Fred Wilkerson repeatedly stomped on Gizmo's head. The sheriff's report shows Wilkerson weighs about 200 pounds. The adult chihuahua couldn't weigh more than five.
"Fred used to always come here and pet him and be his buddy," says Peer. "All of a sudden Fred just killed him for no reason, I don't know why."
Wilkerson attempted to commit suicide and is currently being held in a mental health facility. The Sheriff's Office says once he's released he will be arrested for animal cruelty. If convicted, he faces up to five years in prison.
By Dan Breitwieser, WCJB TV 20 News
- Missing Chihuahua Found on UF campus
- Stomp The Swamp, Raises Autism Awareness
- Mental Health Fair: Stomp Out Stigma
- Stomp the Swamp for Autism
- Death Toll Rises to Two in Marion County from Meningitis Outbreak
- Former Bradford County Coach Serving Time in One- Punch Death
- Justice John Paul Stevens Views on Death Penalty
- Gainesville Woman's Death Ruled Homicide
- Governor Scott Signs Death Warrant
- Suspect in Death of Lake City Man is at Large