Diamond Sports Park Reopens.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Diamond Sports Park struck out back in August, closing down. The Alachua County School Board later brought the park in October. Today about 600 baseball players from all ages, gathered at the park, for the reopening.
About 2-thousand people came out to celebrate the special occasion. Including Urban Meyer, Dallas Baker, and Chris Leak. Parks and Recreation Director of Newberry, Richard Blalock says the plan is more than just baseball. He hopes to bring fast-pitch softball and soccer. He says even though the park wasn't officially opened until today, it's already been a boost to Newberry's economy.
The park is set 66 acres, 26 are undeveloped. The Alachua County School Board may build a school on the property in the future. But for now baseball is the focus. And that makes today's event a big hit.
- New Name for Diamond Sports Park
- Park Re-opens With New Boardwalk
- O'Leno State Park Reopens Trails After Flooding
- School Reopens After Shooting In Parking Lot
- Diamond Oil Robberies
- Cedar Key Landmark Ready To Re-Open
- I-75 Reopens
- Roads Re-Open in Bradford After Fire is Contained
- Millhopper Branch Library Set to Reopen Friday
- Peaceful Paths Reopens