Family Trying To Rebuild
Donald Deane says it was just too painful to go back before today. He estimates his family lost 80,000 worth of possessions--including 20,000 dollars worth of computer equipment he was planning to sell on ebay.
The fire was started accidentally by some workmen clearing out his property.
Deane's not sure how, but he plans to rebuild.
"Maybe it would have been better off if i had been more equipped for that fire," says Deane. "But believe me, when i do put another house here, and i do start over, i will definitely be prepared so i won't even have to worry about the fire department being here."
Bell High School is planning a fundraiser to help the Deane family. But neither the event nor the date has been determined. If you would like to help, a fund has been set up at Capital City Bank in the name of Susanne Dean.
- Rebuild Gainesville Helps Local Family
- Community Helps Alachua Family Recover and Rebuild
- Man Dies Trying to Help Family Celebrate Christmas
- Duckett family's suit to be tried federal court
- Attorney General Trying to Provide Families with Closure
- Operation Rebuild
- A Community Helps Rebuild a Army Sergeant's Home
- While Rebuilding, D-B Racquet Club Is Open For Business
- Volunteers Rebuild Home For High Springs Woman
- Building a Home, Rebuilding Lives