Missing Man's Body Recovered
It was three long days of searching, but today that search came to an end. Rescue teams found the body of 48 yr. old Philip Valvo who went missing when his boat sank Saturday night. The body surfaced this morning in the Suwannee River.
Its been an intensive search effort. Valvo and his friend Robert Schleis were on a 14 ft. boat when it took on water and sank. A passing boat picked up Schleis, but there was no sign of Valvo. Search and rescue teams spent the last three days searching.
"The body surfaced at about 11:45am this morning," says Sheriff David Turner of Gilchrist County. "We were able to recover that and at this point the investigation is continuing."
Officials must now rule out any foul play to find out in fact if Valvo's death was a result of the boating accident or from other circumstances. Officials do not know what caused the accident, whether alcohol was involved, or what caused Philip Valvo's death. Details are still being uncovered.
- Missing man's body found in Santa Fe River
- Missing Coconut Creek Man's Body Found 9 Years Later
- Man's Body Still Missing in Sinkhole, House Demolished
- Man's Body Found in Ditch
- Man's body discovered in home fire
- Baker County man's body found in Santa Fe River
- Man's body found at limerock mining pit
- Missing Man's Kayak Washes Up in Pensacola
- One Man's Hobby, Others' Holiday Cheer
- Power loss threatens Gainesville man's life