S.A.F.E. Ride Cycling Tour
They say "don't drink and drive" and they're ready to go a long way to prove their point. April is alcohol awareness month and that means it's time for the second annual S.A.F.E. Ride Cycling Tour.
It's a twelve day, 12-hundred mile bike journey across the state of Florida.Â Eight cyclists are biking through cities and stopping at college campuses to spread ythe word.Â The "180 Cycling Team" started their journey at Florida State University in Tallahassee.
Now, four days and over four hundred miles into the trip, they finally arrived right here in Gainesville.Â The 12 day tour represents 12 hundred preventable drunk driving deaths that haveÂ occurred in the state of Florida in 2005, alone.Â Their message is clear; Don't drink and drive, Â and wear your seatbelt.
The selfless cyclists are hoping to save lives through this tour.Â Â The people of Anheuser Busch (the official sponsor) are trying to make sure the cyclists stay safe and hydrated.Â They were busy this morning setting up a reception luncheon at burkhardt sales ... to show their appreciation.
if you'd like to learn more about theÂ S.A.F.E. Ride Tour, or donate to this cause, visit their website at 180saferide.com.
Thalia HaydenÂ WCJB TV-Â 20 News.
- FreeWheel Project, expanding the cycling culture
- Cycle Pubs
- One Fraternity Cycling Across the State for A Cause
- Safe Roads, Safe Children
- New App For Getting a Ride Could Be Coming to Gainesville
- Chrome Divas Ride for a Cause
- Child charged in bus fight rides same bus again
- Frank Polack Memorial Ride
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- 6th Grader Wins Full Ride College Scholarship