Searching For Samantha
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB News
After a long week of searching, a 16-year old Marion County girl is still missing. Samantha Rutherford was last seen at her father's house in Ocala. The girl's 13-year old brother says a boy and woman came and picked her up, after her father went to bed.Â Now, family members fear she may be inÂ danger.
Samantha'sÂ mother says the last time she saw her daughter was on March 9th. Samantha saidÂ she was going to Daytona with her boyfriend, Justin and his parents. But it turns out Samantha didn't reallyÂ know Justin. He was someone she had met online. The last time Samantha's family heard from her was early Tuesday morning around two o'clock. Tina Rutherford says, "She told her sister that she wanted to come home. She said she was scared and couldn't say too much because people were listening."
Rutherford saysÂ people in Daytona think they saw the 16-year old with three men and a woman. Samantha Rutherford is 5'3, about 125lbs, with brown hair and brown eyes. Her mother says she has a scar on her left elbow. If you have any information on where she is you're asked to call the Marion County Sheriff's office at 352-732-9111.
- Heroes Among Us: 11 yr old Samantha Battles Dystonia
- Investigators Search for a Missing 16-year-old
- The University of Florida is Supporting the Search for Missing Student
- Search for Missing Student Reaches High and Low with Help from Joint Aviation Unit
- Volunteers Helping with Chrisitian Aguilar Search
- Search for Kamrie Mitchell Continues
- Search for Next University of Florida President Continues
- Search For Missing Lake City Skydiver Turns Into Recovery Operation
- Authorities Searched Aaron Hernandez's Secret Apartment
- Obama Asks 'Soul Searching' after Martin Shooting