Walk America 2007
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
Last year almost 13% of all babies born in North Central Florida counties were premature. While doctors are puzzled and numbers are going up, thousands of North Central Floridians are doing what they can. Getting research money and awareness into fast pace.
More than 6-thousand walkers came out this morning and participated in Walk America 2007. Which is A walk design to help raise money and awareness for premature births. Mostly all counties here in North Central Florida are above state and national premature averages.
So far this year Gainesville's March of Dimes has raised 900-thousand dollars.
If you weren't able to make it this morning, March of Dimes has four walks scheduled next month in Lake City, Palaka, Ocala, and Lake County.
- Operation Walk America
- Police Report Shows Tebow Tried to Break Up 2007 Bar Fight Involving Hernandez
- GPD Report Raises Questions About Hernandez Involvement in 2007 Shooting
- Last Minute Finishes At Gatornationals 2007.
- Police Confident Woods Committed 2007 Murder
- GPD Releases Report on 2007 Shooting Involving Hernandez
- City of Gainesville Cleared of Negligence in 2007 Death of Andrew Arosemena
- 2007 Heart of Florida Airshow
- Gator Growl 2007
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas