Buck Bay Mobile Home Park
Next year all residents living in Buck Bay Mobile home park will be evicted. Monday city commissioners will decide if they should provide funding to help Buck Bay residents after the eviction.
Commissioners have a housing assistance program called "ship." They're looking to spend some of that money to assist the 125 households still living in the mobile home park.
Commissioner Scherwin Henry says, "It would assist moving trailers, assisting to the hook up of trailers as well. Just the expenses that come with moving a mobile home."
City leaders say the program is designed to help anyone with housing woes. They're focusing on Buck Bay because they're a large group who all need immediate help. Commissioners are expected to vote during Monday's meeting.
By Gavin Johnson, WCJB TV20 News
- Some Worried About Construction Site In Buck Bay
- Buck Bay Residents Still Moving Out
- Buck Bay Residents Continue Their Fight
- Buck Bay Catches a Break
- Buck Bay Development Dispute
- Four Mobile Homes Destroyed by Fires in Citra
- Three Arrests Made for Citra Mobile Home Fires
- Four Dogs Killed, 20 Others Injured, After Mobile Home Goes Up in Flames
- Tree Falls on Ocala Mobile Home
- Deadly Mobile Home Fire in Summerfield