More than ten million people do it every year, and according to published reports, it's on the rise.
Acupuncture may look painful but patients say it's quite peaceful. Holistic healing experts say it's the secret to staying young. They say cosmetic acupuncture is a natural way to restore youth and beauty.
They recommend herbal medicines to aid in the reguvinating process. The practicioners feel this is a healthy alternative to surgery and prescription drugs.
"The results are subtle, but profound, but it is not an extreme procedure such as facial surgery or injections,"says a local cosmetic acupuncturist.
These specialists recommend combining acupuncture with activities such as tai chi and yoga to retain a youthful appearance.
By Thalia Hayden, WCJB TV-20 News.
- Acupuncture for Nausea
- Florida Author Visits Library
- Florida Power and Light Co. Rates Increase
- Gas Prices Lower
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Thousands of Letter Openers From Around The World On Display
- Jerky Treats Harming Pets
- Mandela Mourned as Inspiration in Many Struggles
- Prices of Dairy Products to Rise, Farmers Benefit