Festival Of The Horse
This week is the "Festival of The Horse". It runs for three days and gives rookie horses a chance to gallop into the big leagues at the only international competition in the state of Florida. This particular competition includes only, one and two stars,meaning the horses are just beginning their careers as competitors.
The competition is unique in that it is the only international competition of it's kind and also the riders are both inexperienced and very experienced. Amy Tryon has competed in the Olympics in Athens as well as the World Games.
Tryon says, " I wake up every morning with a smile on my face and I'm lucky to be able to work with the horses like i do. It's very fun."
Event organizers say the competitors alone will contribute a million dollars to the local economy.
By Sarah Pusateri, WCJB TV20 News.
- From Horse Jockey to Horse Doctor
- International Piano Festival at UF
- Economic Impact of Cedar Key Arts Festival
- 5 Shot, 1 Dead at Williston Festival
- 50th Annual Fine Arts Festival in Cedar Key This Weekend
- Watermelon Festival
- Palatka's Blue Crab Festival Cancelled For 2009
- DOWNTOWN FESTIVAL AND ART SHOW
- Annual Craft Festival
- 57th Annual Florida Folk Festival