Historic Home Surrounded by Controversy
It's a historic home right here in Alachua County, but it is surrounded by controversy. It is a $130,000 project, seven years ago commissioners put 65,000 tax payers dollars into the project that would allow visitors to see the inside structure of a home built in Pre-Civil War times.
But since the Board of County Commissioners funded part of the project they haven't seen much construction. Current commissioners are now wondering why so much money was out into the project and why it is taking so long to re-build.
"We probably have a lot of hard working citizens here in Alachua County paying taxes that can't afford to renovate their own homes," says Paula DeLaney, Chair for Alachua County Board of Commissioners. "I personally have a problem putting money into something."
The County Commission has asked the Historical Commission to come back with information on where the project stands with all the finances and expected costs.
By Nathalie Pozo, WCJB TV20 News
- Controversy Surrounding Amendment Two
- Controversy Surrounds Sheriff's Captain Demotion
- Historic Home Collapses
- New Beginnings, Familiar Surroundings This School Year
- Danger Surrounding Local Club Upsetting Homeowners
- Questions Surround YMCA of North Central Florida's Weeklong Closure
- Safety Concerns Surround Archer's "Mother's Day Fest"
- Kerr City, Historic Ghost Town
- Historic Road's 40 Ton Problem
- Historic Moment for Santa Fe College