No Charges For Suspended Jail Director
The office of State Attorney Bill Cervone is not pressing charges against suspended Alachua County Jail Director Robert Chapman after examining an investigation by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement.
Chapman faced allegations of failure to pay sales tax on a vehicle, possible mis-appropriation of duplicate travel reimbursements, and possible favorable treatment to an inmate.
A letter from the State Attorney says "it is clear that this occurred" in reference to the failure to pay sales tax charge.
The other two were discarded were thrown out.
Robert Chapman was suspended by Sheriff Sadie Darnell on February 27th with pay from his nearly eight-year job as Jail Director.
The Sheriff's Office started an internal investigation on April 10th and by agency policy has thirty days to complete the process.
By Greg Bilazarian, WCJB, TV 20 News.
- New Jail Director
- Director Of Alachua County Jail Resigns
- Alachua County Jail director selected for N.Y. Community College Hall of Fame
- FAMU to Hire New Director for Suspended Band
- Woman in jail on manslaugher charge after crash she doesn't remember
- Bradford County Jail to Charge Fees
- Ousted Housing Authority Director Responds to Allegations
- Gainesville Housing Authority Chooses New Executive Director
- TV20 Sports Director Chris Price Wins Regional Murrow Award
- Family & Friends Mourn The Loss Of Grooveshark Director