Proposal to Increase College Tuition Approved
The state Senate approved a proposal to increase the cost of college by a vote of 28-10. The bill would boost tuition by $200 to $300 a year.
An amendmentÂ that would have included the University of Central Florida was voted down.
The bill is sponsored by Senator Steve Oelrich (R-Cross Creek). The House of Representatives, which had been considering its own version of the bill, will instead take up the Senate bill next week.
- College Tuition Could Increase Up to 15 Percent by 2013
- Crist proposes tuition reform
- UF Board of Trustees Approve Block Tuition
- Santa Fe Increased Tuition
- If Tuition Increases, Florida Universities Will Still Struggle
- Governor Scott Urges State Universities to Turn Down Tuition Increase
- Debate Over College Tuition at Public Universties Heats Up
- GRU's Proposed Budget Sees Decrease in Electricity costs/Increase in Water
- Alachua County Commissioners Approve Gas Tax Increase
- Gainesville Commissioners Approve GRU Rate Increase