Residents Say Plan Smells, County Utilities Disagrees
Some Marion County residents say the plan stinks and the Marion CountyÂ Zoning Commission agrees.
Marion County Utilities went before the commission Monday to ask for a special use permit for a sewage treatment near the Fore Acres subdivision of Marion County. The commission unanimously recommended against the rezone. The auditorium was packed with over two-hundred people and a five-hundred signature petition was submitted.
"IÂ wouldn't be able to sell my house for the value it is valued at right now if they would put a sewage treatment plant on this property," said Fore Acres resident Brian Stenseth.
The Marion CountyÂ Zoning Commission's recommendation is not the final say. The Marion County Board of County Commissioners will meet in about two weeks to vote.
By Greg Bilazarian, WCJB TV 20 News
- As Residents Complain of Biomass Smell, Plant Officials Say It's Only Temporary
- Residents disagree over confederate flag at Marion County Government Complex
- Residents Say the EPA's Clean Up Plan Is Not Enough
- Neighbors say man arrested for planning terror attack has autism
- Residents angry with plan to close Waldo Community School
- Summerfield residents say speed is a problem
- Archer residents could find relief in utility billing
- City of Ocala warning residents against scam
- City of Ocala informs residents of tree buying program
- Ocala Utility Workers Turning on the Lights Up North